Lesson 50 Taken for a ride

乘车兜风

First listen and then answer the question: Why did the writer not get off the bus at Woodford Green?

I love traveling in the country, but I don't like losing my way.

我喜欢在乡间旅行,但却不愿意迷路。

I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected.

最近我作了一次短途旅行,但这次旅行所花费的时间比我预计的要长。

"I'm going to Woodford Green," I said to the conductor as I got on the bus, "but I don't know where it is."

“我要去伍德福德草地,”我一上车就对售票员说,“但我不知道它在哪儿。”

"I'll tell you where to get off," answered the conductor.

“我会告诉您在哪儿下车,”售票员回答说。

I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside.

我坐在汽车的前部,以便饱览农村风光。

After some time, the bus stopped.

过了一些时候,车停了。

Looking around, I realized with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus.

我环视了一下身旁,惊奇地发现车里就只剩我一个乘客了。

"You'll have to get off here," the conductor said. "This is as far as we go."

“您得在这里下车,“售票员说,“我们的车就到此为止了。

"Is this Woodford Green?" I asked.

“这里是伍德福德草地吗?”我问道。

"Oh dear," said the conductor suddenly. "I forgot to put you off."

“哎呀,“售票员突然说,“我忘了让您下车了。“

"It doesn't matter," I said. "I'll get off here."

“没关系,“我说,“我就在这儿下吧。

"We're going back now," said the conductor.

“我们现在要返回去,“售票员说。

"Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on the bus," I answered.

“好吧,既然如此,我还是留在车上吧。“我回答说。

定语 状语

单词列表

4

ride

/ raɪd /n. 旅行

excursion

/ ɪkˈskɜːʃn /n. 远足

conductor

/ kənˈdʌktə(r) /n. 售票员

view

/ vjuː /n. 景色