Episode 19 I Do ACT I

我愿意 第一幕

It looks wrong. 看起来不对劲。 

Hmmm. It is wrong. 嗯。是不对劲。 

Are they always that difficult to make? 领结这样难看吗? 

The truth is ... yes. 老实说……是很难看。

I'll try again. 我再试一次。 

At this rate, 照这种速度, 

the wedding will take place tomorrow. 婚礼只有明天举行了。 

Not to worry. 别担心。 

OK. Here we go. 好吧。我们重来。 

I'm worried, Philip. 我很担心,Philip。 

What if we can't tie the tie? 如果我们不打好领结会怎么样? 

If we can't tie the tie, 假如我们不好打领结, 

then there can't be a wedding. 婚礼就不能举行了。 

You'd better not make Harry 你最好别让Harry 

any more nervous than he is. 更加紧张了。 

Don't worry. 别担心。 

We'll figure a way. 我们会想法子的。 

How're you doing, fellas? 你们怎么样了,各位? 

Not so good, Grandpa. 情况不太好,爷爷。 

We can't get this bow tie tied. 我们打不好领结。 

Nobody knows how to do it. 没有人会打。 

Do you? 你会吗?

No. I never could, either. 不会。我也一直都不会。 

Well, you have your own tuxedo. 噢,你有自己的燕尾服。 

How do you tie your bow tie? 你怎么打领结的? 

Yeah, Grandpa, 对呀,爷爷, 

I've seen you in it. 我曾见过你那身打扮。 

You look great. 你看起来很神气。 

How do you tie it? 你怎么打的? 

I don't. 我没有。 

You don't? 你没有打? 

What do you mean? 你是什么意思呀? 

I never could tie one of those ... 我从来就不会打那一类的…… 

things ... bow ties. 玩意儿……领结。 

I have always worn a clip-on bow tie. 我都是用夹上去的领结。 

A clip-on? 用夹上去的? 

Of course. 对啊。 

Now I remember. 现在我想起来了。 

Yes, it's so easy. 没错,它真简便。 

All you do is 你所要做的就是 

clip it around under your collar. 将它夹在领子下方。 

We all need one of those. 我们都需要一个这样的领结。 

The tuxedo rental store. 礼服出租店。 

Do you think they're open? 你们说现在还开? 

Should be. 应该是开的。 

Sunday's their big day. 星期天是他们生意很火的日子。 

I'll call and find out. 我打电话问问看。 

Well, if they're not, 噢,假如店不开的话, 

I'll lend you mine, Harry. 我把我的借给你,Harry。 

You're the only one 你是我们当中唯一 

who really needs to be wearing a tuxedo, 真正需要穿燕尾服的, 

anyway. 不管怎么说。 

Thanks, Grandpa. 谢谢你,爷爷。 

I'm the father of the bride. 我是新娘的父亲。 

I'm supposed to be worried about my daughter, 我原该为我的女儿担心才是, 

and here I am with 如今我却与 

the man that's marrying my daughter-- 将要娶我女儿的人在一起---- 

worrying about him. 为他操心。 

Poor Harry. 可怜的Harry。 

I know the feeling. 我知道这种感觉。 

Wedding-day Jitters. 这叫婚礼紧张症。 

Are they open? 店开着吗? 

We're in luck. 我们运气好。 

They're open. 店开着。 

And they have lots of clip-on bow ties. 而且他们有许多夹上去的领结。 

I'll bicycle down to the village and get them. 我骑脚踏车去镇上拿。 

You'd better hurry, Robbie. 你最好快点,Robbie。 

There's lots of time. 时间多得很。 

A little over two hours. 两个钟头多一点。 

In two hours and fifteen minutes 再过两小时十五分 

I'll be married to Susan. 我就要和Susan结婚了。 

And be a true member of the Stewart family. 也真正成了Stewart家庭中的一员。 

Oh, you're a lucky guy, Harry. 噢,你是一个幸运的小伙,Harry。 

Susan is one of the best women you'll ever find. Susan是你能找到的最好的女人之一。 

She's just like her grandma. 她就像她的祖母一样。 

Now, once you put the ring on Susan's finger, 现在,你一旦将戒指戴上Susan的手, 

you are one of us, Harry. 你就是我们家中的一员了,Harry。 

And don't ever forget it. 永远别忘记这一点。 

Ring? Ring? 戒指?戒指? 

Oh my! 噢 ,我的天! 

What did I do with the rings? 我把戒指放哪儿了? 

I put them in the pocket of my sports jacket. 我把它们放在我运动夹克的口袋。 

No, 不对,

 I think you put them 我想你是放在 

in your tuxedo jacket pocket. 礼服上衣口袋。 

Remember? 记得吗? 

Right. 对。 

What did I do with the rings? 我把戒指放哪儿了? 

Didn't you give them to Richard? 你不是把它们交给Richard了? 

He's your best man. 他是男傧相呀。 

I remember. 我记起来了。 

You gave them to Richard. 你交给了Richard。 

Oh, yeah. 噢,对了。 

I remember now. 我现在想起来了。 

You handed them to me. 你将它们给了我。 

What did I do with them? 我把它们放在哪儿? 

I hope they aren't lost. 但愿没丢才好。 

Oh, don't worry, Harry. 别担心,Harry。 

They have to be here. 它们肯定就在这儿。 

I remember. 我想起来了。 

I gave them to Robbie to hold 我把它们交给Robbie拿着 

so I wouldn't lose them. 免得我弄丢了。 

Where's Robbie? Robbie在哪儿? 

Relax, Harry. 不要紧张,Harry。 

Robbie went to pick up    Robbie去拿 

the clip-on bow ties. 夹上去的领结。 

Oh, I forgot. 噢,我忘了。 

What time is it? 现在是什么时间了? 

It's still a little over two hours, Harry. 仍然还有两个多小时,Harry 。

Just relax. 不用紧张。 

What about the rings? 戒指怎么办? 

I'm sure Robbie has them. 我确定在Robbie那儿。 

No, no, Robbie doesn't have them. 不,不,Robbie没有拿。 

He gave them to me to hold on to them 他给我戒指要我自己保管 

because he didn't want the responsibility of holding them. 因为他不想承担保管它们的责任。 

I put them in my tuxedo-- 我将它们放在我礼服的口袋--- 

but in the lapel pocket. 但是在胸前的口袋。 

That's a relief. 现在我放心了。 

I was really worried. 刚才我真的很担心。 

I'll hold on to them for you. 我为你保管吧。 

The best man always keeps the rings. 男傧相总是保管戒指的。 

You're right. 你说的对。 

You hold on to them so there won't be a problem later. 你来保管免得等一下又出问题了。 

Well, 好了, 

now, I think we'd better get dressed, fellas. 现在我们最好去穿好衣服,各位。 

All right! 好的! 

Robbie will bring the ties back. Robbie会拿领结回来。 

Hey, leaving me? 嗨,丢下我啦? 

You'll be fine. 你不会有事的。 

Try to take it easy. 放轻松点。 

It'll all be over in two hours. 再有两个小时就结束了。 

Over? 结束? 

The wedding ceremony will be over. 婚礼会结束。 

You'll be husband and wife. 你们就成为夫妻了。 

I guess you're right. 说的也对。 

Two hours from now. 从现在起还有两个小时 

Two hours from now. 从现在起两小时。

Episode 18 Making a Difference ACT III

单词列表

0