Lesson 2 Breakfast or lunch?

早餐还是午餐

First listen and then answer the question: Why was the writer's aunt surprised?

It was Sunday. I never get up early on Sundays.

那是个星期天,而在星期天我是从来不早起的。

I sometimes stay in bed until lunchtime.

有时我要一直躺到吃午饭的时候。

Last Sunday, I got up very late.

上个星期天,我起得很晚。

I looked out of the window.

我望望窗外。

It was dark outside.

外面一片昏暗。

"What a day!" I thought. "It's raining again."

“鬼天气!”我想,“又下雨了。”

Just then, the telephone rang.

 正在这时,电话铃响了。

It was my aunt Lucy.

是我姑母露西打来的。

"I've just arrived by train, " she said. "I'm coming to see you."

“我刚下火车,”她说,“我这就来看你。”

'But I'm still having breakfast,' I said.

“但我还在吃早饭,”我说。

'What are you doing?' she asked.

“你在干什么?”她问道。

'I'm having breakfast,' I repeated.

“我正在吃早饭,”我又说了一遍。

'Dear me,' she said. 'Do you always get up so late? It's one o'clock!'

“天啊,”她说,“你总是起得这么晚吗?现在已经1点钟了!”

现在进行时 一般现在时

单词列表

5

until *

/ ʌnˈtɪl /prep. 直到

outside *

/ ˌaʊtˈsaɪd /adv. 外面

ring *

/ rɪŋ /v. (铃、电话等)响(rang, rung)

aunt

/ ɑːnt /n. 姑,姨,婶,舅母

repeat *

/ rɪˈpiːt /v. 重复